- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup Monin Peach Purée
1 large tomato (yellow if possible), peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Madras curry powder
- Salt to taste
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the vegetable oil.
2. Add the onion, ginger and garlic.
3. Cook for approximately 10 minutes (or until onions are softened) over low heat, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in the tomato, cider vinegar, water, sugar and curry powder.
5. Simmer over moderately low heat for approximately 15 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and scrape the contents of the saucepan into a blender, add the Monin Peach Purée and blend until smooth.
7. Season the ketchup with salt and transfer to a bowl.
8. Refrigerate until cool, about 20 minutes. Serve at room temperature or chilled.